Adult Foster Care (AFC) provides a supervised, 24-hour living arrangement in an adult foster home for people who are unable to continue living independently in their own homes because of a physical, mental or emotional limitation.
AFC providers and residents live in the same household and share a common living area. With the exception of family members, no more than three adults may live in the foster home unless the state licenses it.What services are provided?
- Help with personal care tasks
- Help with activities of daily living
- Help preparing meals
- Help providing or arranging for transportation
- You must be 18 or older.
- You must meet a specified functional assessment score.
- You may be a Medicaid recipient or have resources not exceeding specified limits.
- Pass a Criminal History and Background check
- Complte a compentency test
- Provide a High School Diploma or provide three letters of recommendation
- Valid Drivers Licence, Social Security Card and current proof of auto insurance
- Employment Application
- Complete monthly Foster/Companion Care documentation